Things that aren't as important as they should be.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sad for Dinner.

Thursday, November 18th 2010

     My tummy aches and I have a fever, so I stayed home from school today. Even my “happy meal” of sardines and alphabet soup didn’t help. All I want is a Snickers bar now.

     Connie asked if I wanted to go see Tangled next week. She wants to do a double date thing, but she means two dates for her and me tagging along. I can’t stand being with them a moment longer than I have to be, but I’m a sucker for a Disney Princess so I’ll probably end up going.

     She’s so excited for Saturday night and I can’t blame her, but I couldn’t listen to her talk about what she was gonna wear another second so I faked vomiting so I could hang up.

     I’m trying desperately to not burn out on Kate Nash before the show so I need to go and pick new sleep music for the night. By request, I leave you with one of my poems.

Sad For Dinner

I’ve seen you look at me, just looking at me.
When prophecies fail constantly
When everything starts to take its toll
And everyone wants to order out.

But you don’t want to settle like that
And then I heard you say

I like the jewels in her hair
But I never wanted to be a rebel.
The face looks like the devil.

We used to count the rockets on our hands
Talk about the old people wasteland
We’d list the names while we played
Said these are the stars in our constellation.

But you don’t always remember all that
And I heard it again

I like the jewels in her hair
But I never wanted to be a rebel.
The face looks like the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment