Things that aren't as important as they should be.

Friday, November 26, 2010

The Chicken and the Spider.

Friday, November 26th 2010

     It’s Black Friday and my Mom is one of those idiots who go out shopping at 5:00 A.M. and my Dad is one of those idiots who actually have to work today. I have the house all to myself. I have never been so bored in my entire life.

     My ennui was such that I actually talked to Connie for over an hour. We talked about her boy troubles and avoided talking about how Brint never called me. It was actually sorta nice having a nice normal conversation with a friend.

     After the Kate Nash show Connie is suddenly very open to trying out new music, so she asked me to make her a mix. She even offered to make one for me to, but I politely declined. I don’t need any Justin Bieber, Evanescence or Michael Buble on my iPod. I suggested instead that she use her talents to draw me something. I'm starting to think she may be a secret genius because she sent me this.


     Connie and I have a symbiotic relationship. She makes me feel like less of an idiot and I make her feel like less of a loser.

“Angry Grey’s Anatomy Mix” for Connie.

Better Son/Daughter, Rilo Kiley
We Are All Going To Hell, Ida Maria
Smireneye, Zola Jesus
Shine Like A New Pin, Camera Obscura
Sadness Hides the Sun, Anika
One Little Problem, Violet Violet
White, Charlotte Hatherley
Loot, Fabienne Delsol
Burning Photographs, Ryan Adams
Hollywood, Marina and the Diamonds
Valium Knights, Spinnerette
For Emma, Bon Iver
I Will Dare, The Replacements
The Tenure Itch, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
Song for Myla Goldberg, The Decemberists
Huddle Formation, Go Team

     All in all, not too pretty, not too scary. She’ll probably have violent nightmares tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment