Things that aren't as important as they should be.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Substance vs Forever in blue jeans.

Saturday, January 8th 2011

      I listened to nothing but New Order all day. That’s my mom’s favorite band of all time so she was happy all day and she made a cake. My parents are too easy sometimes. They met at a Sonic Youth show which means that they are 1. Pretentious as hell and 2. Since they wasted a large chunk of their lives listening to loud obnoxious noise they probably didn’t mind my crying when I was a baby. Connie’s parents met at a Sizzler. I’m not sure if that’s relevant.

      Mom was in such a good mood that she drove me over to Guitar Center and I played the guitar that I will never own again. I tried my puppy pout eyes on my mom but she rebutted with the “well if you didn’t steal your dad’s credit card to buy cool tee shirts you’d probably have that guitar already” stare. When we got home I blasted Neil Diamonds “Hot August Night Album” and she overcooked the roast. Music giveth and taketh away.



No comments:

Post a Comment