Things that aren't as important as they should be.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

the best part is control.

Saturday, February 19th 2011

     Damn you, Curiosity. I was home alone and bored (surprise!) this afternoon, so I checked out the free movies on demand. I was about to enjoy some fantastic Lifetime Original Programming when I saw that Showgirls was free. After watching Burlesque twice in a week, I figured hey, why not? How bad could it be?

     Ladies and gentleman, there are some things you can not un-see. Again, I’m not sure if it’s possible, but I think I have eyes herpes from watching this piece of crap. I blame my parents. They have a young, impressionable youth in the house so they should be blocking possible traumatic content from the TV. Ugh! Eww! It was disgusting, gross and Elizabeth Berkley is the worst actress in history. That being said, the plot did make a lot more sense than Burlesque’s did. Still, Showgirl’s was gross and Burlesque was fantastically horrid. Big difference.

     I feel like I haven’t updated you on my actual pathetic life recently. Hmm… well, I’m still slowly learning how to play guitar. I can play little bits of dozens of songs. I learned a few Ramones and New Order songs just to show my parents. As much as I’m all about revolution and grrr angst posturing but sometimes kissing ass is just the right thing to do. I’ve looked at amplifier prices and I’m gonna need help.

     Connie is already starting to regret picking Blake over Toby. She has asked for another pro/con list session, which I reluctantly agreed to. At least this time Vanessa will be around to take away some of the pain.

     Vanessa continues to baffle me. She seems to have ditched all her friends the same way she ditched me before. It drives me crazy that she’s never given an explanation for any of it, but I’m too “cool” to actually say something about it.

     My parents are still my parents.

     I can either pretend to be happy OR sad. I’m all right as long as I got that going for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment