Things that aren't as important as they should be.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

I have had the time of my life and i never felt like this before yes i swear it is so true and i owe it all to you

Sunday, February 13th 2011

     Suck it Boredom!!! I got so much great crap at Target. I picked up a Belle play set, a Rapunzel doll, some ugly socks, a rubber chicken and my mom got me a cardigan. This reminds me, I owe you guys a hell of a lot of pictures of all the new toys I’ve gotten recently. Just wait until you see the volcano.


     My dad slept in the car while we shopped. Don’t worry, we left the window open a crack.

     Toys made my day great, but The Box made my day special. (That’s right, I used capitalization to make a boring word seem mysterious… or…)

     After our early dinner of asparagus with roasted chicken and roasted pepper I got immediately blah. I asked my mom if she needed help with anything and she said “Just with your father.” I then went to ask my dad if he needed help with anything and he said “I’ve been cleaning the basement out for the last few months, feel free to dive right in.” I put on my Power Flannel and said “On it, Boss.”

     The basement was dark and scary until I found the light switch, then it just looked like a dump. It was a collection of boxes, laundry bags and toys I don’t remember. Actually, aside from it being a load of crap, it really wasn’t that bad. I can see why my dad isn’t in a rush and how my mom is just being a pain in the ass. (Oh God, they are so gonna get divorced.)

     I was ready to turn around and head back up when something caught my eye. On top of a humongous microwave that was on top of a rusted freezer was a box that was labeled simply, “The Cool Stuff.” I’m a curious sorta gal so I picked it up (the most exercise I’ve gotten in weeks) and brought it into the living room. I asked “Okay, what’s the cool stuff?” My parents gave each other a dirty look and my mom said “That was supposed to go to the Salvation Army about 8 years ago” and went into the kitchen. My dad shrugged and said “I have no idea what’s in that box sweetie, if it’s cash or gold let me know.”

     I got it into my room and ripped open the top and was pleasantly surprised. The box was filled with about 40 old school ridiculous VHS tapes! I’m so happy I didn’t throw out my VCR last time I cleaned my room.

     Okay, I know this is kind of lame, but you have to understand. I need to kill time DESPERATELY. (someone told me that they hate when people capitalize for emphasis so ha!) Judge me if you want, but I am now the proud owner of Solarbabies, Batteries Not Included, Back to School, Police Academy 4-6 and a bazillion others!

     Oh geez the Grammy’s are still on. Thank God I have (going to now reach into the box and pull out a movie at random…) Robocop to keep me company!





No comments:

Post a Comment