Things that aren't as important as they should be.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

and the Blackheart goes to...

Sunday, February 27th 2011

     I am weak, so I will watch the Oscars. Here are my picks, followed by my personal choices.

Best Picture: Even if it wasn’t even great by Cohen Bros standards, True Grit was the only one of the 10 nominees that I actually enjoyed all the way through. And the Blackheart goes to: Let Me In. Duh, it was the awesomest movie of the year.

Best Actor: Colin Firth. He’s just owed. And the Blackheart goes to: Danny Trejo in Machete. The transformation was transcendent. (That’s not the see-through one, right?)

Best Supporting Actor: John Hawkes. He made a person named “Teardrop” a bad-ass, he deserves an award. And the Blackheart goes to: Stephen Merchant in the Tooth Fairy. He made me believe.

Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence. She had to like, kill squirrels and freeze her ass off, and I really believed she was inbred. And the Blackheart goes to: Chloe Moretz for Let Me In. She’s the best actress on earth.

Best Supporting Actress: Hailee Steinfeld acted circles around everyone in True Grit. And the Blackheart goes to: Chloe Moretz in Kick Ass, see above.

     And this is the point where I realize that I don’t really want to finish this list. So, yay, they’re all winners.

     Connie is coming over at 6 for snacks and red carpet, and Vanessa will be here at 8. I won’t tell you what I had to promise to get her here.






No comments:

Post a Comment