Things that aren't as important as they should be.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Big Sparkly Mess

Saturday, December 4th 2010

     How could I forget? What has been going on in my life that I could forget the significance of Saturday, December 4th 2010.

     My mom knew that Vanessa and Connie were coming over and I told her I had a nice afternoon of board games and movies planned. Imagine her surprise when at 11 A.M. my house was invaded by The Sundberg Children. Connie, her 12 year old sister Wendy and her 19 year old brother Bernard (he also answers to Vaslerin. No I am not kidding. He also wore the cape. No I’m not kidding.)Saturday, December 4th 2010 is the day Twilight: Eclipse is released on DVD. I had plans with Connie I’d forgotten about.

     Vanessa showed up somewhere near the end of New Moon, when Edward is unbuttoning to shirt and getting ready to walk into the sunlight and to a sparkly death. She sat there with her coat on for a full 15 minutes. I could tell she was desperately searching for a reason not to run back out the door. Bernard got up and said “Can I take your winter frock m’lady?” and she had to take it off quickly and ran over to sit next to me to get away from him ASAP. He kept trying to talk to her all through the movie and afterwards too. It was really, really creepy. He finally left at 8 because he had to drive Wendy home.

     Connie and Vanessa both got permission to sleep over and almost instantly regret it. A little bit after 9 my parents started arguing really loud. They were like cursing and everything. We couldn’t figure out what the fight was even about, but I was mortified. After about 20 minutes of solid yelling my dad slammed the door and drove off. My mom came in with some ice cream and tried to play it off like they were just having a little disagreement and apologized for all the noise. The rest of the night was super awkward and I don’t think anyone is ever going to stay over my house again.

No comments:

Post a Comment